Sunday, November 05, 2006

Revenge Of The Babysat ...

Well Hallowe'en has come and past and I've now completed my first weekend babysitting stint for my brothers daughters ... whew and now I'll be moving on to some more metal, namely folk influenced.

But first, you may have noticed the extra hallowe'en photos in my blog. Well my buddy FBI builds a huge hallowe'en display on his lawn every year and last year I decided to help. That's where those photos came from. These here today are from this past Hallowe'en. Due to strong winds, we had to forgo on the flying ghoul and fog machine, but substituted a metal grinder, which was plenty effective!

The problem is that FBI has never gotten a lot of visits from kids. His parents house was just outside of town, so as he grew up and built up the display, he only had about 6 kids come. Now he has his own house in the city, and the number increased last year to about 30. I think word is spreading and this year he got about 60 kids. We got some nice scares and are working at trying to get local media coverage, but to no avail. It's a shame really, cause FBI puts his heart into his displays ... it's usually in a jar next to the candy bowl ... but perhaps next year. So enjoy the photos, which are just a small sampling of the efforts that go into this display. And let's hope he can get more kids, cause the scares are wasted on me ... that being I'm to easy to scare ... That's why I joined him.
Boo













5 Comments:

Blogger Louisiana said...

holy smokes that is freaky..oh see i couldn't visit this home..i can't handle lame hunted houses..i'm the freak who screams at a dumb spider coming down from the ceiling..yikes..

i'm easy to scare..Joe saids all he has to say is Boo! and he does it standing in front of me, and sadly enough, it is true..

your friend and you did an amazing job..my kids would LOVE it..i know 5 kids who go through it over and over and over, lol..

man,he is talented..and so are you of course..

hope you are well..glad you survived the babysitting..now if you want to look after 5 just to see how you like it, i know of someone, lol..

take care sweet.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I like the pics. We decorate the inside of our house, but not the yard. We live in the country so the only people that go past our house are normally people who just throw trash on the side of the road or try to bash out mailbox. So I am not going to give them something cool to look at.

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats killer. Sounds like he loves doing it enough, that he will continue. Even though he may not be getting the 'coverage' he deserves. There are tons of kids that will remember 'that awesome house that was decorated better than any other' for the rest of their lives.

Those pictures look killer.

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, by the way...
I commented on your Carcass question back on my site.
Its a KILLER album, don't delay in getting it.

3:36 PM  
Blogger anonymous jones said...

Good grief, grown men ..

My daughter was in a school play doing the sound and some of the tracks were 'folk metal'. I didn't believe her that such a thing existed! It's a Christian school so I don't know if that 'genre' is usually religious? I'm imagining really heavy harmonica playing, souped-up banjos or something! This is really disturbing to me. GASP! There is not such a thing as 'country metal' is there??? Please say there's not, please say there's not, please say there's not ..

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home