Monday, March 20, 2006

Here I go again on my own...


So, hello there. Well, to get started, I should explain the purpose of my blog. With this space, I plan to review and promote my vast CD collection (Note: I do not own any White Snake- the title of this entry might have given you the impression that I did ).

This is my first attempt at blogging and I thought - what better way to start then speaking about my 600+ (and rapidly growing) CD collection. In case you're thinking of breaking in to steal them, let me warn you - you probably won't find much of market for them, except maybe Paramaecium - they're really hot these days. Honestly. And oddly enough, there's not a really large market for Norwegian Christian Black Metal. I can't figure out why. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm a metalhead. But I do own the odd rock/alternative/punk album, oh, a copy of Jingle Cats (I like to branch out). But *NO* RAP!

I would like to make special mention of the BNR metal and "No Life Til Metal" Web sites. They have have wonderful reviews and a wide variety of metal selections, and have inspired me to create my own blog and model it after them. I don't expect many people to know or care for my musical preferences, but you may find the odd selection that you can introduce into conversations when you can't think of anything else whatsoever to talk about. For example - a nice heavy metal Lord of the Rings concept album. Who wouldn't want to discuss that?! I can tell you of at least 10..well, maybe 5..well, 1 person for sure who'd want to! With luck, I hope to bring this blog to "water cooler topic" level, but let's start small.

Stay tuned! Until my first review, feel free to check out http://www.bnrmetal.com and http://www.nolifetilmetal.com

Psychotic Philosopher. What a cool name for a band.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome blog! I plan to check back frequently!

9:05 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

DVVVVVVV!

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet!! I'll be back...

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!!!...a blog I can sink my teeth into!..you speak my language dude, Rock-rock and more Rock!!!! Hellll yAHhhhHH!!!! I feel alone with my musical taste, I think me and you might be lost brothers dude...I hope to see some reviews for "Cultus Sanguine " and "Cryptic Slaughter" I love death metal and everything that it stands for. Cant wait to see your work.....ROCK ON!!! Hey, check out "Septic Flesh"..you'll F*%kin love it!...Killer!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan, I am a coworker/friend of DAn Barrington, I was mentioning Blind Guardian and he sent me to your blog. You might want to read this. :).

http://www.metal-temple.com/news.asp?id=5750

10:45 AM  
Blogger DPTH International said...

Thanx for the comments and the link to the Blind Guardian article. Mainstreamish makes me nervous. An I hope to not disappoint you *Death Head*!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home